Keep Your Smile for Life
Dental Health Week 2021 focused on helping Australian’s retain their smiles for the rest of their lives. Australian Dental Association (ADA) research shows that
- Approximately a third of Australians have never had their teeth professionally cleaned.
- More than half of adults do not visit a dentist on a regular basis because they perceive that dental care is too expensive.
- One in five people they don’t need to go to the dentist until their teeth start causing them problems.
Try to take two minutes out of your day – a brief pause in your daily life – and conduct a self-assessment of your oral health. Are you building the following dental habits to maintain your oral health well in to the future.
- Brush twice daily using fluoride toothpaste
- Clean between your teeth daily using floss
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and limit added sugar intake
- Visit the dentist regularly for check-ups and preventative care
It should not be assumed that teeth will need to be extracted at some point in your life due to dental decay or gum disease. If you think you’re due for a dental check-up, don’t hesitate to contact Reception to book an appointment.