Dental Health Week 2019 (5 to 11 August) is the ADA’s major event promoting the importance of maintaining good oral health such as:
- Brushing Twice Daily (with fluoride toothpaste)
- Flossing Once per Day
- Eat Healthy and drink less sugary drinks
- Regular Check-Up with your Dentist
As tempting as it is to think that everyone is watching their mouth and practicing good oral health, the reality is that:
- Just under 50% of Australians only brush once-a-day.
- 55% of Australians have not had a dental check-up in the last 12 months.
- Only half of Australian children (5-6 years) have visited a dentist before age 5.
- 73% of young people (14-18 years) are consuming too much sugar.
How’s your oral health tracking?